Thursday, February 26, 2015

No earthly good?

No Earthly Good?

At 82 I am wondering what is my purpose in being here.  I remember when I was a young woman  when all the world was open to me...and a middle aged woman when many opportunities had been exercised, most successfully...and now, frankly, in my old age (gosh it is hard to say those words)
10 The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away."
"Make room for those who come behind!"  Nice words, good intent, but painful to those who see themselves still on the trail still leading upwards into the garden. And yet life is a continuum...those years spent here. . . and then those that follow which are without count. 
    

No comments: