Friday, June 4, 2010

Home is where the heart is

The river is still flowing...down from hills unseen towards the bay and then the open ocean... and my life is still flowing along..although at times it seems to be going over rocks and even into eddies where it pauses to contemplate the scenery.
Last Saturday was our 56th wedding anniversary..
For weeks Rol has been asking me what I wanted to do.. i had quite a mental list; but some of the things on it don't fall into the "what I can do now" class. I'd like to go to NYC to see Screwtape Letters; but getting there, walking around with a gimpy leg didn't seem to fit into the plan.

I'd like to go to Paris again..why Paris? because it's there..although the first time I was there some grateful Frenchman tried to steal my purse. Perhaps it would have been better to go back to Germany...Frankfort, Bieber, Offenbach, ..places out of our first year of marriage.

But we decided to go to the Saturday party at the local yacht club. We were ending a day of yard-pickup when Rol suggested I check on the time. I told him it started at 5PM, but he insisted. I checked. 5PM was right, but the day was not Saturday (our anniversary day)..it was Sunday, the day after. Whoops! At least we didn't get dressed before we checked it out.

What could we do to celebrate?

Mike and Stef had asked us over for supper; but we'd told them we were busy and now we didn't want to put Stef on the line to expand her menu..

It was a holiday (Memorial Day)..the restaurants would be full. I made a nice dinner ..and we watched the river flow by. Home is where the heart is!!

No comments: